Winnipeg’s Gateway Community
Projecting a true small town “country” atmosphere, St. Norbert lies just south of Winnipeg’s Perimeter Highway at the junction of the Red and La Salle Rivers. This historically important community still reflects its Métis and French-Canadian heritage, making it culturally distinct among Winnipeg neighbourhoods. Perhaps most important among many business advantages is the fact that St. Norbert serves as the southern gateway to Winnipeg, providing it with significant drive-through traffic from Southern Manitoba and the United States. This, combined with St. Norbert’s ability to draw upon the largely affluent population of South Winnipeg, for whom St. Norbert’s famous Farmers’ Market has become an institution, means that local businesses enjoy a much larger customer base than St. Norbert’s population would indicate.
Are You Interested in St. Norbert?
In its History? This is where Manitoba began and Winnipeg begins.
In its Future? Big things are happening in our community:
• The first annual Heritage Day was celebrated on February 2nd
• The Farmers’ Market is expanding.
• Condos and apartments are being built.
• A business improvement zone (BIZ) has been established.
• New signage & banners and lighting are on Pembina Highway.
• A $2.5 million water management & redevelopment project has been completed on the east side of Pembina.
• The Perimeter Highway bridge has been rebuilt.
• Southwood Golf course has relocated to St. Norbert.
• A children’s water park has opened.
Since assisting the St-Norbert Farmers’ Market through a planning exercise, Vision 20/20, in 2009, Entreprises Riel has helped the market in many initiatives within this plan. The latest undertaking was the ...Read more
We have worked with the land owner of this address to encourage a new investment in St-Norbert. We assisted with design concepts, worked with the local planner as well as assisted in the public open house proce...Read more
A unique apartment complex is being envisioned for the community of St-Norbert, on the corner of Pembina Highway and Ducharme Avenue, which will contribute to our densification strategy for St-Norbert and enhan...Read more
A number of years ago, we embarked upon a journey which would significantly enhance the community of St-Norbert as the southern gateway into the City of Winnipeg. Pembina Highway runs through this historic com...Read more