Entreprises Riel is a private not for profit organization governed by nine elected board members and three appointed members whose appointments are made by the municipal politicians of each community. Elected board members are chosen by the membership.
Members of the corporation are individuals that satisfy the following conditions:
- They must be at least 18 years old;
- they are not subject to a judicial declaration that they are mentally incapacitated;
- they are not in a state of bankruptcy;
- they have not been convicted of a criminal offense which could undermine the reputation of the corporation;
- if they are residents of the Riel district, they are also owners or executives of a company or organization (and/or their subsidiaries), located within or outside of the Riel district;
- if they are not residents of the Riel district, they are owners or executives of a company or organization (and/or their subsidiaries), located within the Riel district;
- they are French-speaking;
- they have asked the Board of Directors to include their names on the membership list of the corporation;
- they paid a membership fee if such a fee was prescribed by the Board of Directors;
- they have satisfied any other conditions reasonably prescribed by the Board of Directors acting in accordance with this bylaw, and
- they were accepted as members by resolution of the Board of Directors.